The OTR Reset Tool is a plug-and-play tool that allows you to run commands such as forced DPF regen in less than 5 minutes.
Engine Coverage - 2004 - 2013 | 9-Pin Plug
|Volvo||D16||EPA04, EPA07, EPA10|
|Mack||MP7||EPA04, EPA07, EPA10 *MRU/LEU Supported|
Engine Coverage - 2014 - 2020 | OBD Plug
|Mack||MP7||EPA13, EPA17 *MRU/LEU Supported|
Engine Coverage - 2021 - 2023 | OBD Plug
|Mack||MP7||EPA20/EPA21 *MRU/LEU Supported|
NOTE: OTR Reset Tool is not compatible with OTR Diagnostics.Compare OTR Reset Tool vs OTR Diagnostics
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be reset, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
Reset first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. What’s a ghost code? Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you’ll have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “ghost” codes, meaning that the fault code was triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To get rid of ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and reset the DTCs once.
Note that if the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
"Great product! Great tech service, gentleman on the phone was with me for a long time and helped me a lot!! Super super company!! best money ever spent"
Review by Michael W. on Jan 18, 2021
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes or less
- Reset DEF / SCR Derates. DEF / SCR derates have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). Reset of the DEF derate is necessary to perform after replacement of aftertreatment components.
- Reset Aftertreament Learned Data.Measurement of learned data based on various engine components to adjust your injection timing based on characteristics of your engine sensor values.
- Reset DPF Regeneration Timers.Measurement of time since the last DPF regen occurred. The calculation is based on time, miles driven, and fuel usage.
- Reset DPF Soot Levels.DPF soot levels have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). DPF soot levels determine the status of your soot level in your DPF system. Reset of the DPF soot level is necessary to perform after replacement or cleaning of DOC/DPF filter.
How the OTR Reset Tool Helps with High Soot Notifications & Derates
When a failure occurs, this will prompt you a “high soot” notification on your dash and will derate your vehicle to seek service. You’d need to take the filter off the vehicle and send it to an approved DPF cleaning shop so they can assess how badly it’s clogged. If the filter is a good candidate for cleaning, then you’d perform that service and reinstall the filter on your vehicle.
This is where the reset tool comes in handy — because your filter is clean, but your engine controllers don’t know it yet! The OTR Reset Tool resets the system so your engine knows it’s operating with a cleaned filter.
What’s a forced DPF regen, and when should you perform it?
A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.
- When to start a forced DPF regen
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to reset certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
The OTR Reset Tool is for fleet owners, owner-operators and drivers who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll instantly be able to:
- Cut down on the days your vehicles spend in repair shops
- Get a deeper insight into your engine’s performance and each rig’s unique quirks
- Drive confidently at night or out of state with less worrying about getting stuck
If you’ve ever lost a day (or a load) due to breakdowns, engine faults, soot level, or mysterious, un-re-creatable ghost codes, you need this tool.
Take it from our happy customers:
- Engine ECU (MID 128) – Volvo / Mack
- Transmission ECU (MID130) – I-Shift / Eaton / Meritor
- ABS / Brake ECU (MID136) - Eaton / Meritor
- Instrument Cluster Faults (MID 140)
- Link System Faults (MID 142)
- Vehicle ECU Faults (MID 144)
- Climate Control Faults (MID 146)
- Light Control Module Faults (MID 216)
- Gear Selector Module Faults (MID 223)
- Aftertreatment ACM Faults (MID 233)
- Bodybuilder System Faults (MID 249)
- Steering Wheel Module Faults (MID 250)
- Standard SAE J1708 Fault Codes
- Engine ECU (SA 0/SA16 DTC)
- ACM / Aftertreatment ECU
- Transmission ECU (SA 17/24 DTC) – I-Shift
- Standard J1939 Fault Codes
What is ATS Status?
ATS status is a menu in the instrument cluster or dash that will tell you all of the conditions of the truck in order for the regeneration process to begin. This is important to know because the truck will not perform a regen if you have certain conditions that are not met.
How To Use
2021-2023 Volvo | Mack Instructions (OBD)
How To Use
2015 Volvo D13 (OBD)
How To Use
2009 Volvo D13 (9-Pin)
How To Use
2009 Volvo D13 (9-Pin)
Reset Tool FAQ
What does a forced regen do?
What if the fault codes do not go away?
Will this fix my truck?
Will a forced regen void my warranty?
How often to do a forced regen?
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 60-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 60 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
- This product will not bypass the operation of any emission control component. This tool is used to reset the modules after replacing aftertreatment components or initiating a forced regeneration.
- You can use your display to find out what your fault codes mean or OTR Diagnostics. Some heavy-duty trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into a diagnostic software to read the DTC or use OTR Diagnostics.
- Having a failed part will not remove the derate. You must repair the issue to reset the derate.
The programmer fixed the problem and now it’s running like a champ
Great tool make you save a lot of money
It’ works Thank you
OTR reset tool
Saved me many times over the initial cost just from tow bills that I would’ve incurred without it, never mind all the other aggravation.. highly recommend!
Tool is a must have
This is my second tool, I ran over the first but it has been a life saver being able to regen when I need to without waiting on the truck.
Very satisfied and tool that you cannot go on the road without
Volvo / Mack OTR reset tool
Great product that accurately assists with keeping on top of any issues that arise.
Best tool on the market
It is easy to use and saves you time and money.
Excellent. An owner op must have.
Great! Easy to follow instructions and setup. Performed as advertised, tech support for any issues. Could not be more pleased with this product. Thank you!
Great tool easy to use and works as advertised
Keeping my truck out of the shop
My truck is in bad shape. The SCR is in need of service. I’m in fear of how much it’ll cost to fix it. This OTR device is allowing me to continue driving the truck while I figure out plan. I’m having to do 1 or 2 parked regens daily that take an hour each. The truck goes into derate mode without warning now. But at least I can do the regens and get back on the road for a few more hours. I think I’m going to park the truck permanently next month, so this will tide me over until then.
I use a couple times he’s excellent