Keep your wheels going & your cash flowing
Our plug-and-play tool gives you the power to run advanced diagnostic functions, including a forced DPF regen, in less than 5 minutes.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code + Aftertreatment system (OTR Reset) Tool is an advanced automated diagnostic tool that makes it quick and easy to understand what’s taken your truck off the road.
Our patent-pending algorithm means that as soon as you plug in the tool, it immediately starts working. No special diagnostic software, hardware, or button-mashing needed.
You’ll have the power to clear fault codes, reset the aftertreatment system by reprogramming all the parameters to default values, and if necessary, perform a forced DPF regen of the DPF. Anywhere, anytime.
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be cleared, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
Clear first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. What’s a ghost code? Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you’ll have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “ghost” codes, meaning that the fault code was triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To get rid of ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the DTCs once.
Note that if the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes or less
- Reset DEF / SCR Derates. DEF / SCR derates have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). Reset of the DEF derate is necessary to perform after replacement of aftertreatment components.
- Reset Aftertreament Learned Data.Measurement of learned data based on various engine components to adjust your injection timing based on characteristics of your engine sensor values.
- Reset DPF Regeneration Timers.Measurement of time since the last DPF regen occurred. The calculation is based on time, miles driven, and fuel usage.
- Reset DPF Soot Levels.DPF soot levels have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). DPF soot levels determine the status of your soot level in your DPF system. Reset of the DPF soot level is necessary to perform after replacement or cleaning of DOC/DPF filter.
How the OTR Reset Tool Helps with High Soot Notifications & Derates
When a failure occurs, this will prompt you a “high soot” notification on your dash and will derate your vehicle to seek service. You’d need to take the filter off the vehicle and send it to an approved DPF cleaning shop so they can assess how badly it’s clogged. If the filter is a good candidate for cleaning, then you’d perform that service and reinstall the filter on your vehicle.
This is where the reset tool comes in handy — because your filter is clean, but your engine controllers don’t know it yet! The OTR Reset Tool resets the system so your engine knows it’s operating with a cleaned filter.
What’s a forced DPF regen, and when should you perform it?
A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.
- When to start a forced DPF regen
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to clear certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
Number of years
300+ Google Reviews
"Great tool. Glad I spent the money, it does exactly what they said it would. Already paid for itself in a couple of weeks just with savings of not having to pay someone to do a forced regen."
Review by Chelsey R. on 19 Jul 2019
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
The OTR Reset Tool is for fleet owners, owner-operators and drivers who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll instantly be able to:
- Cut down on the days your vehicles spend in repair shops
- Get a deeper insight into your engine’s performance and each rig’s unique quirks
- Drive confidently at night or out of state with less worrying about getting stuck
If you’ve ever lost a day (or a load) due to breakdowns, engine faults, soot level, or mysterious, un-re-creatable ghost codes, you need this tool.
Take it from our happy customers:
- Engine ECU (MID 128) – Volvo / Mack
- Transmission ECU (MID130) – I-Shift / Eaton / Meritor
- ABS / Brake ECU (MID136) - Eaton / Meritor
- Instrument Cluster Faults (MID 140)
- Link System Faults (MID 142)
- Vehicle ECU Faults (MID 144)
- Climate Control Faults (MID 146)
- Light Control Module Faults (MID 216)
- Gear Selector Module Faults (MID 223)
- Aftertreatment ACM Faults (MID 233)
- Bodybuilder System Faults (MID 249)
- Steering Wheel Module Faults (MID 250)
- Standard SAE J1708 Fault Codes
- Engine ECU (SA 0/SA16 DTC)
- ACM / Aftertreatment ECU
- Transmission ECU (SA 17/24 DTC) – I-Shift
- Standard J1939 Fault Codes
What is ATS Status?
ATS status is a menu in the instrument cluster or dash that will tell you all of the conditions of the truck in order for the regeneration process to begin. This is important to know because the truck will not perform a regen if you have certain conditions that are not met.
|Volvo (9pin)||Volvo (OBD)|
|D12: US99, US04||D11: US13, US17|
|D11: US07, US10||D13: US13, US17|
|D13: US07, US10||D16: US13|
|D16: US04, US07, US10|
|Mack (9pin)||Mack (OBD)|
|Aset AC: US04|
|MP7: US04, US07, US10 *MRU/LEU Supported||MP7: US13, US17 *MRU/LEU Supported|
|MP8: US07, US10||MP8: US13, US17|
|MP10: US07, US10||MP10: US13|
NOTE: OTR Diagnostics will not work with the OTR Reset Tool.
Compare OTR Reset Tool vs OTR Diagnostics - here
How to Start Forced Regen
2020 Volvo D13 (OBD)
How to Start Forced Regen
2015 Volvo D13 (OBD)
How to use
2014 Volvo D13 (OBD)
How to Reset Derate
2009 Volvo D13 (9-Pin)
How to Start Forced Regen
2009 Volvo D13 (9-Pin)
"This device has truly been worth the money! I’m averaging one fault every other month, and this device clears the fault every time. Also, I’m regenning whenever I like"
Review by Timothy M. on 23 Jun 2019
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 30-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 30 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
Located in Detroit MI, (EST). A truly committed team of trained experts that are there to assist with any customer service, technical support or general questions you may have. No bots. No bouncing. Real help from real people, when you need us! Contact us via phone, chat, or email anytime.
- This product will not bypass the operation of any emission control component. This tool is used solely to reset the modules after replacing aftertreatment components or initiating a forced regeneration.
- You can use your display to find out what the fault codes mean, however, some heavy-duty trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into a diagnostic software to read the DTC.