Reset Fault Codes
Clear first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes to find the problem faster.
Ability to get out of 5mph derate within 3 minutes.
Forced DPF Regen
Maintain and lower soot levels with initiating a Forced DPF Regen.
The OTR Reset Tool is made with you in mind
Created for technicians, fleet-owners, owner-operators and drivers that need to keep the wheels turning and operations running smoothly.
What is the OTR Reset Tool?
The Diagnostic Trouble Code + Aftertreatment system (OTR Reset) Tool is an advanced automated diagnostic tool that makes it quick and easy to understand what’s taken your truck off the road.
Our patent-pending algorithm means that as soon as you plug in the tool, it immediately starts working. No special diagnostic software, hardware, or button-mashing needed.
You’ll have the power to clear fault codes, reset the aftertreatment system by reprogramming all the parameters to default values, and if necessary, perform a forced DPF regen of the DPF. Anywhere, anytime.
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
For those who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll instantly be able to:
- Cut down on the days your vehicles spend in repair shops
- Get a deeper insight into your engine’s performance and each rig’s unique quirks
- Drive confidently at night or out of state with less worrying about getting stuck
If you’ve ever lost a day (or a load) due to breakdowns, engine faults, soot level, or mysterious, un-re-creatable ghost codes, you need this tool.
"Great tool. Glad I spent the money, it does exactly what they said it would. Already paid for itself in a couple of weeks just with savings of not having to pay someone to do a forced regen."
Review by Chelsey R. on 19 Jul 2019
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be cleared, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
Clear first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. What’s a ghost code? Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you’ll have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “ghost” codes, meaning that the fault code was triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To get rid of ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the DTCs once.
Note that if the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes or less
- Reset Ash Accumulators. Ash accumulators have stored values in the engine control module (ECM). Ash level includes measurement of ash in the DPF.
- Reset DPF Accumulators. DPF accumulators have stored values in the engine control module (ECM). DPF level includes measurement of soot in the DPF.
- Reset Aftertreament Learned Data. Measurement of learned data based on various engine components to adjust your injection timing based on characteristics of your engine sensor values.
- Reset DPF Regeneration Timers. Measurement of time since the last DPF regen occurred. The calculation is based on time, miles driven, and fuel usage.
What’s a forced DPF regen?
A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.When to start a forced DPF regen?
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to clear certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
Select Your Engine To Start
Includes OTR Reset Tool + OBD or 9Pin Harness.
Includes OTR Reset Tool + Harness
Voice of our customers
How to use
2014 Volvo D13 (OBD)
How to use
2014 Kenworth MX13
How to use
2009 Freightliner DD15
How to use
2019 Volvo Cummins ISX15
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 30-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 30 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
Located in Detroit MI, (EST). A truly committed team of trained experts that are there to assist with any customer service, technical support or general questions you may have. No bots. No bouncing. Real help from real people, when you need us! Contact us via phone, chat, or email anytime.
- This product will not bypass the operation of any emission control component. This tool is used solely to reset the modules after replacing aftertreatment components or initiating a forced regeneration.
- You can use your display to find out what the fault codes mean, however, some heavy-duty trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into a diagnostic software to read the DTC.