Keep your wheels going & your cash flowing
You’ll have the power to clear fault codes, reset the aftertreatment system by reprogramming all the parameters to default values, and if necessary, perform a forced DPF regen of the DPF. Anywhere, anytime.
Our plug-and-play tool gives you the ability to run advanced diagnostic functions in less than 5 minutes.
Engines Covered (9pin)
On all Paccar engines, it is necessary to locate the color of your diagnostic plug on the truck underneath the dash.
NOTE: OTR Diagnostics will not work with the OTR Reset Tool.
Compare OTR Reset Tool vs OTR Diagnostics - Learn More
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be cleared, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
Clear first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. What’s a ghost code? Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you’ll have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “ghost” codes, meaning that the fault code was triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To get rid of ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the DTCs once.
Note that if the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes or less
- Reset EGR Derates / DPF Derates. Accumulators. EGR / DPF derates have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). Reset the EGR / DPF derate is necessary to perform after replacement of engine or aftertreatment components.
- Reset DEF / SCR Derates. DEF / SCR derates have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). Reset of the DEF derate is necessary to perform after replacement of aftertreatment components.
- Reset Aftertreament Learned Data. Measurement of learned data based on various engine components to adjust your injection timing based on characteristics of your engine sensor values.
- Reset DPF Regeneration Timers. Measurement of time since the last DPF regen occurred. The calculation is based on time, miles driven, and fuel usage.
- Reset DPF Soot Levels. DPF soot levels have stored values in the engine control module and aftertreatment control module (ECM/ACM). DPF soot levels determine the status of your soot level in your DPF system. Reset of the DPF soot level is necessary to perform after replacement or cleaning of DOC/DPF filter.
"Great product! Great tech service, gentleman on the phone was with me for a long time and helped me a lot!! Super super company!! best money ever spent"
Review by Michael W. on Jan 18, 2021
How the OTR Reset Tool Helps with High Soot Notifications & Derates
When a failure occurs, this will prompt you a “high soot” notification on your dash and will derate your vehicle to seek service. You’d need to take the filter off the vehicle and send it to an approved DPF cleaning shop so they can assess how badly it’s clogged. If the filter is a good candidate for cleaning, then you’d perform that service and reinstall the filter on your vehicle.
This is where the reset tool comes in handy — because your filter is clean, but your engine controllers don’t know it yet! The OTR Reset Tool resets the system so your engine knows it’s operating with a cleaned filter.
What’s a forced DPF regen, and when should you perform it?
A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.
- When to start a forced DPF regen
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to clear certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
sold and counting.
4.9 ★★★★★ Reviews.
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
The OTR Reset Tool is for fleet owners, owner-operators and drivers who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll instantly be able to:
- Cut down on the days your vehicles spend in repair shops
- Get a deeper insight into your engine’s performance and each rig’s unique quirks
- Drive confidently at night or out of state with less worrying about getting stuck
If you’ve ever lost a day (or a load) due to breakdowns, engine faults, soot level, or mysterious, un-re-creatable ghost codes, you need this tool.
Take it from our happy customers:
- Transmission ECU (MID130) – Eaton Fuller / Meritor Wabco
- ABS / Brake ECU (ABS136) - Eaton Fuller / Meritor Wabco
- Standard SAE J1708 Fault Codes
- PMCI - Engine ECM
- EAS3 - Aftertreatment ECU
- CECU - Cab Controller
- ABS / Brake Module
- Standard J1939 Fault Codes
How to use
2013 Peterbilt 386 Paccar MX13 EPA10
"I just received this product and used it for the first time product worked exactly as I was told. I would highly recommend all truck drivers to purchase one and have it on their truck at all times. I must say that Jason was excellent and his team at OTR performance very much appreciate once again thank you guys and I highly appreciate your efforts."
Review by DJ F. on Dec 18, 2020
Reset Tool FAQ
What does a forced regen do?
What if the fault codes do not go away?
Will this fix my truck?
Will a forced regen void my warranty?
How often to do a forced regen?
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 60-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 60 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
Located in Detroit MI, (EST). A truly committed team of trained experts that are there to assist with any customer service, technical support or general questions you may have. No bots. No bouncing. Real help from real people, when you need us! Contact us via phone, chat, or email anytime.
- This product will not bypass the operation of any emission control component. This tool is used to reset the modules after replacing aftertreatment components or initiating a forced regeneration.
- You can use your display to find out what your fault codes mean or OTR Diagnostics. Some heavy-duty trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into a diagnostic software to read the DTC or use OTR Diagnostics.
It works great. I like it.
Only tried one time so will review after several more times using
Excellent love it
It has saved me from been financially abused by the dealership
Great to work with….very helpful.
Had a hard code on my 2015 mx13 and it debated to 80% and the truck wouldn't do a regen. Bought this tool and it cleared everything and runs great. Great to be able to do a forced regen anytime I want now.
Within seconds all codes was cleared
I have a used 2014 Kenworth T-680 12-speed with 959,422.9 miles on it and it had a DPF / Electronics problem whereby it wouldn’t properly recognize when a regen needed to occur while in motion at interstate speeds. Instead, I would get a suddenly surprise warning with a red flag stating to stop immediately and do a parked regen. If I did not pull over within 2 minutes, the truck would start counting down to shut off permanently. Even after service at a Kenworth for 2 weeks, with every excuse under the sun as to why they cant figure out ‘why’ this is occuring, They baked the DPF reinstalled it and sent me on my way. The problem still persisted. After forcing a regen with the OTR reset tool and clearing codes a couple of times, suddenly the truck started recognizing that an in-motion highway regen was needed and alerted me on the dash to pull over and do a parked regen. Now, after a couple more weeks of forced regens it alerts me with the proper message of DPF regen occuring, let cleaning cycle complete. Do not turn off engine. Also, I was getting a frequent Engine check light and Engine wrench check light, but no codes were recorded in memory as to why. Now this occurs less often, usually after taking a steep downhill with jake brake, or climbing a steep hill with max gross weights of 65k and above. I now have been doing forced regens and forced code resets 2 or 3 times per week, usually after a driving shift. The engine has been stronger now with more torque to pull hills and fuel mileage averages 5.4mpg @ 75 mph with 65k ++ or 7.5 mpg @ 75 mph at less than 60k. So 5 stars for this great must have invention that allows me to keep the system optimal and will also allow me to ‘Force Regen’ and ‘Force Reset’ codes when bigger issues may need a tow to the dealership shop 100 miles or more away. This way I can finish my load deliverys and arrive for service on my terms and not remain stuck at the mercy of an unexpected tow bill for this specific problem.
The tool worked as advertised. I was able to do a REGEN on my Paccar MX13.
I HAD TO USE TWICE NOW IT WORKS GREAT I LOVE IT THANK YOU
This is the best tool for resetting your trucks application. The engineers really put some thought into OTR reset tool
Does as advertised. Has already paid for itself in code clears and forced regens.
Great tool. Real money-saving device. We use it and it works like a charm. Will be buying another. Every new truck must have one.