- 2011 - 2016 Isuzu
The Reset Tool is a plug-and-play tool that gives you the ability to run diagnostic functions, including a forced DPF regen, in less than 5 minutes.
What comes with the tool?
- OTR Reset Tool
- 9 Pin Connection Harness
- 9 Pin to OBD Adapter
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
About OTR Reset Tool
The Diagnostic Trouble Code + Aftertreatment system (OTR Reset) Tool is an advanced automated diagnostic tool that makes it quick and easy to understand what’s taken your vehicle off the road.
Our patent-pending algorithm means that as soon as you plug in the tool, it immediately starts working. No special diagnostic software, hardware, or button-mashing needed.
You’ll have the power to reset fault codes, reset the aftertreatment system by reprogramming all the parameters to default values, and if necessary, perform a forced DPF regen of the DPF. Anywhere, anytime.
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be reset, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
Reset first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. Fault codes triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To reset ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and reset the DTCs once.
Note: If the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes
- Reset Aftertreatment. The purpose of this function is to reset the diesel particulate filter (DPF) status parameters.
- Reset DPF Data. The purpose of this function is to reset the ECM learning data when the DPF is replaced.
Initiate a forced DPF regen
What is a forced DPF regen? A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.When to start a forced DPF regen?
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to clear certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
The OTR Reset Tool is for drivers and fleet owners who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll be able to:
- Cut down on time spend in repair shops
- Have control over performing forced regenerations
- Drive confidently
- Handle small issues yourself without being handcuffed to dealers for resetting of ghost codes, or basic maintenance/repairs.
Reset Tool FAQ
What does a forced regen do?
Forced regeneration is a diagnostic process that builds temperature to burn soot accumulation down to ash within the dpf filter. During this process, the truck's computer can closely monitor and test multiple portions of the after treatment system. This type of regeneration can only be performed when a diagnostic tool starts the process within the truck's computer.
What if the fault codes do not go away?
Yes, this can happen! If you have an existing issue or “Active Fault,” you must correct the issue or perform a DPF regen for the code to go inactive.
Will this fix my truck?
The OTR Reset Tool helps avoid problems, aid in resetting parameters, and running a forced regen. However, if you have any component failures related to the aftertreatment system, they will still require repair.
Will a forced regen void my warranty?
Resetting faults, resetting soot levels, and running forced regens will NOT void your warranty.
How often to do a forced regen?
A forced regen can be performed as often as possible. As a general rule of thumb, we recommend once every couple of weeks to ensure that the filters are maintained.
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 60-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 60 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
Located in Detroit MI, (EST). A truly committed team of trained experts that are there to assist with any customer service, technical support or general questions you may have. No bots. No bouncing. Real help from real people, when you need us! Contact us via phone, chat, or email anytime.
Worked just as explained, great product. I have one for a Kenworth also saved me time and money from going to the dealership.