The OTR Reset Tool is a plug-and-play tool that gives you the ability to run diagnostic functions, including a forced DPF regen, in less than 5 minutes.
Cummins Chassis Coverage
- Volvo Trucks — All Models
- Mack Trucks — All Models
- Peterbilt Trucks— All Models
- Kenworth Trucks — All Models
- Freightliner Trucks — All Models
- Western Star Trucks — All Models
- International Trucks— All Models
- Other Heavy Duty Models that use Cummins engines.
- NOTE: Does not work on Light-Duty Dodge trucks.
Paccar PX Chassis Coverage
- Peterbilt Trucks — All Models - 2007 - 2019
- Kenworth Trucks — All Models - 2007 - 2019
What comes with the tool?
- OTR Reset Tool
- Diagnostic Harness
- Instruction Manual
- 5-Year Warranty
Cummins Engines Covered (9pin)
|Cummins X15||CM2450||2020 - 2021|
|Cummins X15||CM2350||2013 - 2019|
|Cummins ISX15||CM2350||2013 - 2019|
|Cummins ISX15||CM2250||2011 - 2012|
|Cummins ISX15||CM871||2008 - 2010|
|Cummins ISB6.7||CM2350||2014 - 2021|
|Cummins ISC8.3||CM2350||2014 - 2021|
|Cummins ISL9||CM2350||2013 - 2021|
|Cummins X12||CM2350A||2013 - 2021|
|Cummins ISB6.7||CM2250||2011 - 2013|
|Cummins ISC8.3||CM2250||2011 - 2013|
|Cummins ISL9||CM2250||2011 - 2013|
|Cummins ISB 6.7||CM2150||2008 - 2010|
|Cummins ISC8.3||CM2150||2008 - 2010|
|Cummins ISL9||CM2150||2008 - 2010|
Paccar PX Engines Covered (9pin)
|Paccar PX-6||2007 - 2019|
|Paccar PX-7||2007 - 2019|
|Paccar PX-8||2007 - 2019|
|Paccar PX-9||2007 - 2019|
NOTE: OTR Reset Tool is not compatible with OTR Diagnostics.Compare OTR Reset Tool vs OTR Diagnostics
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be cleared, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
- Clear first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. What’s a ghost code? Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you’ll have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “ghost” codes, meaning that the fault code was triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To get rid of ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the DTCs once.
Note that if the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes or less
- Reset Ash Accumulators. Ash accumulators have stored values in the engine control module (ECM). Ash level includes measurement of ash in the DPF.
- Reset DPF Accumulators. DPF accumulators have stored values in the engine control module (ECM). DPF level includes measurement of soot in the DPF.
- Reset Aftertreament Learned Data. Measurement of learned data based on various engine components to adjust your injection timing based on characteristics of your engine sensor values.
- Reset DPF Regeneration Timers. Measurement of time since the last DPF regen occurred. The calculation is based on time, miles driven, and fuel usage.
"Great product! Great tech service, gentleman on the phone was with me for a long time and helped me a lot!! Super super company!! best money ever spent"
Review by Michael W. on Jan 18, 2021
How the OTR Reset Tool Helps with High Soot Notifications & Derates
When a failure occurs, this will prompt you a “high soot” notification on your dash and will derate your vehicle to seek service. You’d need to take the filter off the vehicle and send it to an approved DPF cleaning shop so they can assess how badly it’s clogged. If the filter is a good candidate for cleaning, then you’d perform that service and reinstall the filter on your vehicle.
This is where the reset tool comes in handy — because your filter is clean, but your engine controllers don’t know it yet! The OTR Tool resets the system so your engine knows it’s operating with a cleaned filter.
What’s a forced DPF regen, and when should you perform it?
A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.
- When to start a forced DPF regen?
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to clear certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
sold and counting.
4.9 ★★★★★ Reviews.
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
The OTR Reset Tool is for fleet owners, owner-operators and drivers who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll instantly be able to:
- Cut down on the days your vehicles spend in repair shops
- Get a deeper insight into your engine’s performance and each rig’s unique quirks
- Drive confidently at night or out of state with less worrying about getting stuck
If you’ve ever lost a day (or a load) due to breakdowns, engine faults, soot level, or mysterious, un-re-creatable ghost codes, you need this tool.
Take it from our happy customers:
How To Use
2017 FREIGHTLINER ISB
How To Use
2012 FREIGHTLINER ISX CM2250
How To Use
2012 FREIGHTLINER M2
OTR Reset Tool FAQ
What does a forced regen do?
What if the fault codes do not go away?
Will this fix my truck?
Will a forced regen void my warranty?
How often to do a forced regen?
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 60-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 60 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
Located in Detroit MI, (EST). A truly committed team of trained experts that are there to assist with any customer service, technical support or general questions you may have. No bots. No bouncing. Real help from real people, when you need us! Contact us via phone, chat, or email anytime.
- This product will not bypass the operation of any emission control component. This tool is used to reset the modules after replacing aftertreatment components or initiating a forced regeneration.
- You can use your display to find out what your fault codes mean or OTR Diagnostics. Some heavy-duty trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into a diagnostic software to read the DTC or use OTR Diagnostics.
i am learning more each day about how wonderful this tool is.
Easy to use tool
We have 400 ISL Cummins RV. We purchased this tool to force a regen. We had to take our RV to diesel shop because our ECM needed to be updated. I believe this tool would have worked if we had been current or updated. We returned the tool to OTR and received a full refund. If I was on the road full time this tool would be a must have.
Kept me from being stranded in the middle of nowhere
Kept me from being stranded in the middle of nowhere The OTR reschedule was able to allow me to nurse my RV home so I could have it repaired on a timeline that better fit my budget and schedule rather than being forced to have it repaired just to get home. And also save me a $3000 tow bill.
Easy to use and very good
Works just like you said it would.
It worked just like it was advertised. I used it twice and it cleared all the problems. If you look at the shop bills it has already saved me. It has paid for itself many times over.
Excellent very good.
Cummins forced regen
Used it for the 1st time as a experiment trial on a forced regen, it worked exactly as described and very easy to operate. I plan to use it every few weeks as part of my maintenance plan, wished I would have bought it sooner as I could have used it on the road when I had regen troubles a couple months ago, thank you RK
Cummins Reset Tool Review
Excellent experience. Clear instructions on performing Regen without the need to take our 2012 Freightliner M10 to a dealer or Service location. Wish that I had know much earlier. I highly recommend for monthly maintenance.
Outstanding I truly recommend this to any Truck Driver with a Cummins engine
OTR PERFORMANCE CUMMINS
Everything works as described. Awesome!
Worked quickly and cleared the codes. Performed the Regen as advertised. Came quickly and customer support was very prompt.
Too soon to tell.
Excellent, practical, and easy