Keep your wheels going & your cash flowing
You’ll have the power to clear fault codes, reset the aftertreatment system by reprogramming all the parameters to default values, and if necessary, perform a forced DPF regen of the DPF. Anywhere, anytime.
Our plug-and-play tool gives you the ability to run advanced diagnostic functions, including a forced DPF regen, in less than 5 minutes.
Engines Covered (9pin)
|Paccar PX-6||EPA07, EPA10, EPA13, EPA17|
|Paccar PX-7||EPA07, EPA10, EPA13, EPA17|
|Paccar PX-8||EPA07, EPA10, EPA13, EPA17|
|Paccar PX-9||EPA07, EPA10, EPA13, EPA17|
NOTE: OTR Diagnostics will not work with the OTR Reset Tool.
Compare OTR Reset Tool vs OTR Diagnostics - Learn More
In less than 1 minute, handle DTC issues including...
- Reset Active Fault Codes. Fault codes that determine that there is an existing issue. Certain active fault codes can be cleared, however, if the problem has not been fixed the fault code will reappear prompting you to seek service.
- Reset Inactive Fault Codes. Fault codes that indicate that there was a previous issue.
Clear first-time ‘Ghost’ Codes. What’s a ghost code? Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you’ll have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “ghost” codes, meaning that the fault code was triggered by certain conditions that are nearly impossible to recreate.
To get rid of ghost codes, all you have to do is plug the OTR Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the DTCs once.
Note that if the fault code comes back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously.
Plus, overcome these aftertreatment issues in 3 minutes or less
- Reset Ash Accumulators. Ash accumulators have stored values in the engine control module (ECM). Ash level includes measurement of ash in the DPF.
- Reset DPF Accumulators. DPF accumulators have stored values in the engine control module (ECM). DPF level includes measurement of soot in the DPF.
- Reset Aftertreament Learned Data. Measurement of learned data based on various engine components to adjust your injection timing based on characteristics of your engine sensor values.
- Reset DPF Regeneration Timers. Measurement of time since the last DPF regen occurred. The calculation is based on time, miles driven, and fuel usage.
"Great product! Great tech service, gentleman on the phone was with me for a long time and helped me a lot!! Super super company!! best money ever spent"
Review by Michael W. on Jan 18, 2021
How the OTR Reset Tool Helps with High Soot Notifications & Derates
When a failure occurs, this will prompt you a “high soot” notification on your dash and will derate your vehicle to seek service. You’d need to take the filter off the vehicle and send it to an approved DPF cleaning shop so they can assess how badly it’s clogged. If the filter is a good candidate for cleaning, then you’d perform that service and reinstall the filter on your vehicle.
This is where the reset tool comes in handy — because your filter is clean, but your engine controllers don’t know it yet! The OTR Reset Tool resets the system so your engine knows it’s operating with a cleaned filter.
What’s a forced DPF regen, and when should you perform it?
A forced DPF regen is performed when a diagnostic scan tool, such as the OTR Reset Tool, starts the regen process. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive or active regen to occur, meaning you’ll need to perform a forced DPF regen.
- When to start a forced DPF regen
- When the soot level is too high for a passive or active regen to occur
- When maintenance items are replaced on the aftertreatment system in order for you to clear certain fault code
- To keep your DPF filters clean, which can save you fuel mileage and prevent breakdowns
sold and counting.
4.9 ★★★★★ Reviews.
Who’s the OTR Reset Tool for?
The OTR Reset Tool is for fleet owners, owner-operators and drivers who are tired of paying every month for check engine lights, regens, and resets.
With this tool, you’ll instantly be able to:
- Cut down on the days your vehicles spend in repair shops
- Get a deeper insight into your engine’s performance and each rig’s unique quirks
- Drive confidently at night or out of state with less worrying about getting stuck
If you’ve ever lost a day (or a load) due to breakdowns, engine faults, soot level, or mysterious, un-re-creatable ghost codes, you need this tool.
Take it from our happy customers:
Reset Tool FAQ
What does a forced regen do?
What if the fault codes do not go away?
Will this fix my truck?
Will a forced regen void my warranty?
How often to do a forced regen?
We get it, you don’t know us very well yet. That’s why all OTR tools come with a 60-day, no-hassle money-back guarantee. If this tool doesn’t fit your needs for any reason, just let us know within 60 days of receiving your order, and we’ll refund 100% of your purchase price. We’ve got your back.
All our products come with a free limited 5-year warranty. Before any product leaves OTR Performance it is tested and retested to ensure it works as intended the first time. The 5-year warranty also includes one free exchange should there be an update for your particular Reset Tool.
Located in Detroit MI, (EST). A truly committed team of trained experts that are there to assist with any customer service, technical support or general questions you may have. No bots. No bouncing. Real help from real people, when you need us! Contact us via phone, chat, or email anytime.
- This product will not bypass the operation of any emission control component. This tool is used to reset the modules after replacing aftertreatment components or initiating a forced regeneration.
- You can use your display to find out what your fault codes mean or OTR Diagnostics. Some heavy-duty trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into a diagnostic software to read the DTC or use OTR Diagnostics.
Excellent tool. Saved me a lot of money.
easy to use clears codes and you can do force regen
Working good,good to have in the truck.
After using this reset tool , I am pleased to say I feel more confident now on the road with my mx13 paccar motor ,this tool is easy to use and works great
Hi I own a 2012 337 peterbilt with a px8 paccar engine. Started having lots of aft problems. Always worried about the truck leaving me stranded with tow bills and no income. Purchased otr reset tool works awesome. I can go on long trips and I don't worry about being stranded anymore. Just plug in the tool and clear the codes or do a forced regen . If it has an issue I can drive it to the dealer when I am ready and have time . Awesome tool . Thanks otr I can drive my truck and not worry.
Great tool to have & it’s worth every penny
Great customer service.
People were very friendly and helpful. Tool did exactly what it was supposed to. No hassle. Easy to use.
Great tool it allows me to do a force regent anytime. Great tool for the money
its a for sure money saver this tool has so far saved me from three tow jobs easy to use and simple
HAVE USED THIS ON A 2015 KENWORTH. REGENERATION WORKS GREAT. I RUN LOCAL SO THIS TOOL HAS HELPED ME AS I CAN FORCE A REGENERATION ANY TIME. THANK YOU FOR THIS TOOL.