DTC Reset Tool | Paccar MX
The tool provides a reliable way to clear your active or inactive fault codes in the event of a failure. The combo tool will give you complete functionality in performing the task with ease. DTC reset tool will provide you with the most access you need to do the job quickly and efficiently without having to have any dealer level access.
- Reset Active / Inactive Faults
- OEM level commands, don't need to have Davie4 software
- Complete simple to use the tool without needing anything additional
- Reset ALL Modules located on J1708 / J1939 Systems
- Works on Peterbilt & Kenworth, and other models with MX11/MX13 engines.
This DTC reset tool is a plug & play tool that will reset your fault codes. This sends the same OEM level resets so you will know that everything is included in the module. This is a great tool to have for any driver, the fleet owner or shop owner. The product is used solely for the purpose of clearing “Active or Inactive” fault codes on all of the modules that are present in the truck. The device will send the proper communication data over the specific network to perform these extensive resets.
Specific trucks 2011 and newer will display fault codes on the dashboard, most of the time it will trigger a check engine light or check module message. When this happens, you will automatically start to notice a screen stating the error has occurred. A lot of times these codes appear but they fall into the category of “Ghost Code”. The meaning “Ghost code” is from a fault code was triggered due to certain conditions that will be almost impossible to recreate. This causes excessive downtime in trying to find a repair shop to figure out if this is serious or not. This also misleads the owner into thinking this is a serious problem with the truck. The DTC reset tool that will keep you in control of downtime. Clearing the fault code once and seeing if the fault codes come back. If it comes back a second time, then you can proceed with taking the matter seriously.
DTC Chassis Coverage
- Peterbilt Trucks – All Models
- Kenworth Trucks – All Models
Peterbilt / Kenworth Modules
- Transmission ECU (MID130) – Eaton Fuller / Meritor Wabco
- ABS / Brake ECU (ABS136) - Eaton Fuller / Meritor Wabco
- Standard SAE J1708 Fault Codes
Peterbilt / Kenworth Modules
- PMCI - Engine ECM
- EAS3 - Aftertreatment ECU
- CECU - Cab Controller
- ABS / Brake Module (SA11)
- Standard J1939 Fault Codes
Coverage:Peterbilt Trucks - All Models - MX
Kenworth Trucks - All Models - MX
Diagnostic Connector: 9-pin Round - 11-16
Paccar MX 11 EPA10
|Paccar MX 13 EPA10|
|Paccar MX 11 EPA13|
Paccar MX 13 EPA13
How to use
Start a timer to make sure you perform the service correctly
- Turn ignition OFF for ONE(1) minute.
- Turn ignition to accessory position (Key On/Engine Off) for ONE(1) minute
- Connect DTC reset tool to the 9-Pin connection under the dash
- Reset Codes - Leave plugged for 1 minute
- Look on the dashboard, CEL will disappear and ABS should start clicking
- Check for faults, if faults are still present repeat steps 1-4 if no faults are present continue to step 7.
*NOTE: if fault codes remain "Active" then it is required for the truck to be taken to a service shop for further diagnosis.
- Disconnect the DTC reset tool
- Peterbilt & Kenworth, Paccar MX, EPA10, EPA13