DTC Reset Tool | Hino | J05 J08
The DTC Reset Tool provides you the capability to clear your fault codes in less than 3 minutes.
- Clear Active / Inactive Codes at the Dealer Level
This tool sends specific commands based on OTR's algorithm to be able to perform these things at the dealer level. Simple to use, and no special software or hardware needed. No need to visit the dealer or shop either!
- Reset Active / Inactive Faults
- OEM level commands, don't need to have Hino DXII software
- Complete simple to use the tool without needing anything additional
- Reset ALL Modules located on J1708 / J1939 Systems
- Works on all Hino Trucks with J05/J08 engines.
This DTC Reset Tool is a plug & play tool that will reset your fault codes. This product is used solely for the purpose of clearing “Active or Inactive” fault codes in the ECUs of the vehicle.
Specific trucks will display fault codes on the dashboard, and most of the time you will have a check engine light or a check module message. After this, a screen will appear stating that the error has occurred. Many of the codes that do appear on your dashboard fall into the category of “Ghost Code.” The phrase “Ghost Code” comes from the fact that the fault code activated was triggered by certain conditions that are near impossible to recreate.
Active fault codes do cause excessive downtime as you try to find a repair shop and after you finally find and arrive at a repair shop you are waiting possibly hours only to learn that in fact, you can make it to your next destination safely and with no problems – that the fault codes are not severe. Fault codes can mislead not only the owner and driver but also the technician into thinking there is a severe problem with the truck when there is not.
This will give you the relief you need knowing that you can make it to your destination safely while decreasing downtime. All you have to do is plug the DTC Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the fault code once. If the fault code does come back a second time, you do need to take the matter seriously. This product is used solely for the purpose of clearing active and/or inactive fault codes. Nowadays semi-trucks are plagued with fault codes, let OTR’s DTC Reset Tool be your solution to a seemingly never-ending problem.
- Hino Trucks – All Models
Hino -J1939/OBD Protocol
- Engine Control Unit - (ECU)
- Vehicle Control System (VCS)
- Doser Control Unit (DCU/BCU) - Aftertreatment module
- Standard J1939/OBD Fault Codes
What is in the box - (OBD)
Engines Covered (OBD)
|HINO J05 EPA07 (DPF Only)|
HINO J08 EPA07 (DPF Only)
HINO J05 EPA10 (DPF + DEF)
HINO J08 EPA10 (DPF + DEF)
HINO J05 EPA13 (DPF + DEF)
HINO J08 EPA13 (DPF + DEF)
How to use
Start a timer to make sure you perform the service correctly
- Turn ignition OFF for ONE(1) minute.
- Turn ignition to accessory position (Key On/Engine Off) for ONE(1) minute
- Connect DTC reset tool to OBD-Pin connection under the dash
- Reset Codes - Leave plugged for 1 minute
- Look on dashboard, CEL will disappear and ABS should start clicking
- Check for faults, if faults are still present repeat steps 1-4 if no faults are present continue to step 7.
*NOTE: if fault codes remain "Active" then it is required for the truck to be taken to a service shop for further diagnosis.
- Disconnect the DTC reset tool
Note: You can use your display to find out what the fault code means, however, some trucks will not allow you to view your fault codes. In such a case you will need to plug into to a diagnostic software to read the DTC.