Boost Pressure Tester XL
Boost Leak Pressure Tester (XL)
Common Issues found:
- Faulty charge air coolers (leaking through various cracks)
- Intake Manifold cracks
- Intake manifold gasket leaks
- Turbocharger outlet pipe leak
- Charge air cooler piping
- Inspect intake grid heater for cracks
Install this tester on the intake of your turbo and hook up a regulated air-line set to 30 psi to pressurize and receive accurate readings. This will work on any turbo system that has the larger 5″ Intake on the compressor side of the turbocharger.
Will work on any turbo system that has the larger 5″ Intake on the compressor side of the turbocharger.
Save yourself money and check your turbos pressure for leaks! Loss of power, poor miles per gallon and deteriorating performance are signs of losing boost pressure. This tester is designed specifically for your Volvo Truck and is made to restore your full potential of your trucks power. A turbocharger that has a boost leak for an extended period of time will fail prematurely. This important preventative maintenance check can save you a break down while hauling a load.
The turbo boost leak tester tests the complete intake system with your engine off. You can apply maximum boost pressure (25-30psi) and listen for any air leaks. When applying the pressure to this tester through compressed air, it will force air in every part that the turbocharger would normally pressurize.
- Excessive Black smoke: (Less boost, More fuel = Unburnt Fuel)
- Loss of power
- Loud Whistling noise
- Loud Air Leak when pulling grades
- Poor Fuel Mileage
- Boost pressure dropping on gauge
- Engines (VL D16, MK MP10, Cummins ISX CM870, CM 871, ISX 15)
- Universal Truck / Engine (Any 5″ Intake side of Turbocharger)