Pressure testing the intake system will let you know if you have a problem mechanically with your turbo operation. This test can save you misdiagnosing problems associated with system leaks. Features premium aluminum casing for extra strength.
Install this tester on the intake of your turbo and make sure you have a secure connection to the fitting on the tester.
This will work on any turbo system that has the 4″ Intake on the compressor side of the turbocharger.
Save yourself money and check your turbos pressure for leaks! Loss of power, poor miles per gallon and deteriorating performance are signs of losing boost pressure. This tester is designed specifically for trucks with 4" turbochargers and is made to restore the full potential of the power of your truck. A turbocharger that has a boost leak for an extended period of time will fail prematurely. This important preventative maintenance check can save you a break down while hauling a load.
The turbo boost leak tester tests the complete intake system with your engine off. You can apply maximum boost pressure (10-15psi) and listen for any air leaks. When applying the pressure to this tester through compressed air, it will force air in every part that the turbocharger would normally pressurize.
How to use
- Faulty charge air coolers (leaking through various cracks)
- Intake Manifold cracks
- Intake manifold gasket leaks
- Turbocharger outlet pipe leak
- Charge air cooler piping
- Inspect intake grid heater for cracks
- Excessive Black smoke: (Less boost, More fuel = Unburnt Fuel)
- Loss of power
- Loud Whistling noise
- Loud Air Leak when pulling grades
- Poor Fuel Mileage
- Boost pressure drop on gauge
- 2004-2018 Volvo - All Models - D12, D13 Engine
- 2008-2018 Mack - All Models - MP7 MP8 Engines
- Universal Truck / Engine (Any 4″ Intake side of Turbocharger)
Need a 5" Tester?
Check out our XL version of this product for the 5" compatibility with your turbocharger. Common on Volvo D16, Mack MP10, Cummins ISX. Click Here
30-Day No-Hassle Money-Back Guarantee